Boise RPG group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Forum for our maptools campaign

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bors

Bors

Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail Empty
PostSubject: Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail   Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:40 pm

The hideout cave is quiet when the adventurers return. For once Bors manages to crawl through the small entrance without hitting his head. Just about the only thing that’s gone right the last few days. He’d cursed the entire first half of the trip home after remembering that his new weapon was waiting for him in a village that he could never return to. The large man wasn’t so sure why the Baron was angry at them; he was the one harboring a known murderer. The truth was bound to get out eventually.

The second half of the journey was spent in quiet contemplation, carefully planning how to retrieve his superior heavy war flail. He considered the situation from every angle he could think of, and asked each of his friends for their advice. And after all that thought he was no closer to coming up with a solution.

Prescience. At least the large man thought that’s what it was called. Sometimes Bors completely forgot about the strange ability he possessed. He had no idea how it worked, something about thinking real hard. And if he thought hard enough and long enough, and if it hurt his head just right, then sometimes he ended up in some sort of a trance, experiencing a strange dream or a vision.

So Bors didn’t waste any time, as soon as he was inside the cave, he found himself a nice cot in one of the back rooms, then sat down and began to think …
Back to top Go down
GM Dono

PostSubject: Re: Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail   Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:25 pm

As the others get themselves comfortable, Bors begins to zone in and out of consciousnesses, images begin floating around in front of him, and he can no longer sense the cave around him. The images are all disconnected, like snippets from a dream.

He sees his superior war flail... it is laying with many other weapons, discarded, in the corner of a building... it is flying through the air, landing against a burning building and catching on fire... it is in Bors' hands, smashing against the head of a heavily armored knight... it is laying in the back of a cart, bouncing down the road... it is laying on the ground next to an unconscious Bors... it is sticking out of a sack on a strangers back...

Suddenly, Bors jerks awake, his head pounding in pain, his body covered in sweat. Anneliese is sitting beside him holding a wet cloth, while Othena can be seen sitting near the mouth of the cave on the far side of the fire pit, keeping watch.
Back to top Go down
GM Dono

PostSubject: Re: Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail   Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 2:46 pm

Othena, seeing Bors awake after many hours, comes over and inquires as to Bors' health. The look on is face is very concerned, and she's anxious to help...
Back to top Go down
Bors

Bors

PostSubject: Re: Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail   Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 3:02 pm

The large man quickly relates the story of his new weapon, which is undoubtedly ready. He explains his lament about not ever being able to pick up the weapon, due to them being outlawed from the entire region. Then he tells her about the strange dream had about the weapon, he explained that he saw a lot of things, and wasn't quite sure what to think about it or how it would help him in his current situation.
Back to top Go down
GM Dono

PostSubject: Re: Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail   Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 3:17 pm

Othena, believing dreams to be sent from the gods, and not of mortals, quickly things of the only person she know's that is good with things in the spirit realm.

"I know a priest..." she tapers off. "He might could help you. He's wise, if not a little hot tempered. He might could help you."

She gathers her belongings and looks down at the still seated large man. "Get up you Oaf! Last I heard, he's down in Chewintin, and that's a good day and a half's walk from here. Longer if we are trying to be careful!"
Back to top Go down
Bors

Bors

PostSubject: Re: Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail   Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 3:22 pm

Embarrassed, Bors quickly gets to his feat, and after gathering a few belongings and preparing himself for the journey, follows Othena out the entrance of the cave. He's not sure who this "priest" is, or if he can even trust him, but the large man has been doing all thinking his head can manage, and he cannot find a way to think himself out of this predicament.
Back to top Go down
GM Dono

PostSubject: Re: Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail   Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 4:03 pm

It is the morning of Peonu 1, 720, when you set out. Fog is in from the river, and the air is still, making things a bit colder than normal. You get to Jedes around noon and take in lunch at the tavern. Things are lively, and the farmers are happily planing away in their fields. In the afternoon, a medium rain falls through the evening.

You sleep comfortably in a farm house along the way, and are able to reach Chewintin by mid day on Peonu 2. There is a heavy rain falling.

You locate William quickly enough. He's the very angry looking priest yelling at a knight in the courtyard.
Back to top Go down
Bors

Bors

PostSubject: Re: Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail   Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 4:06 pm

Not wanting to make a bad first impression, Bors lifts himself up as tall and straight as he can, and stands just behind Othena waiting for an introduction.
Back to top Go down
GM Dono

PostSubject: Re: Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail   Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 4:14 pm

After a few moments, the Knight drops his head and turns to go back into the keep. Upon seeing Othena, the priests demanior changes quickly to that of one greeting an old friend.

Othena greets him warmly, and introduces her companion Bors to the small priest.

William quickly invites the two travelers into the keep and up to his new room and temple. After showing off for a bit, the group enjoy's a quick meal. Othena begins to tell of what happened while in Alterand. She lets Bors tell his issue with his weapon and how now, since they are banned from the Hundred, he fears he has lost it forever. Hurridly, he asks for William for assistance, as he is desperate.

Seeing the desperation in his eyes, and feeling the urge to travel away from Chewintin for a spell, and... a Baron caught harboring a known fugitive? This is all too tempting for William, and he say's he will travel up to Alternand in the morning to see what he can find out.
Back to top Go down
Bors

Bors

PostSubject: Re: Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail   Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 4:34 pm

While he's traveling, William repeats the story told by Bors over and over again in his head. The longer he thinks about it, the more committed he becomes to his mission. Imagine, a Baron caught harboring a known murderer, this is not the way the system is supposed to work! Heading toward Jedes, William decides the best course of action is to get the papers to visit the area officially, that way nobody can question why he's there.

William doesn't waste any time in Jedes, he heads straight up to the head of his order, and reports to him about his progress in Cewintin. Then he explains about hearing the news of recent unrest in Village of Alterand, and Kolorn Keep, he mentions that he knows its been a while since a servant of Larani has visited the region, and thought it a good idea check in on it. While he was there he could spread the good word of Larani, and check in on the priests of the local temple of Peoni. After he's explained himself, William humbly awaits the response ...

Rhetoric Check (EML 66): d100 roll: 40
Back to top Go down
GM Dono

PostSubject: Re: Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail   Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:35 am

The middle aged, gruff Matakea Narrath seems pleased with your report, and says he is thankful for your willingness to check on the people of Alterand and Kolorn Keep. He signals over to the his new acolyte, Ashesa Arbogar Kayn, a cheery young man, to bring his quill and papers. Narrath quickly scribes some official papers for you, and asks for you to please give a package to the Peoni temple.

William secures for himself his traveling gear and supplies, begins his journey to Alterand.

The weather is harsh the rest of the afternoon of Peonu 2. Rain has turned to sleet by late afternoon, and continues on into the night. William is able to make it just past the small river where, if he had known, could follow it to the cave hideout. Instead, he is able to set up a small lean-to and protect himself from the elements.

Peonu 3 and 4 are much kinder to the traveler. While still cold and foggy, there is little to no rain, and the winds are mild.

By mid-morning of Peonu 5, the top of Kolorn Keep can be seen in the distance. The weather is fair for now, at least, and the sun warm's William's face. Though, off in the distance to the East, fierce, dark clouds loom.
Back to top Go down
Bors

Bors

PostSubject: Re: Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail   Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:03 am

Grateful to see the sun again, William breathes in the clean fresh air, and spends a few minutes walking around the village of Alterand. Dressed in his traveling clothes, with his shield of Larani stowed in his pack, William appears a typical traveler in a full brown cloak with a thick walking staff. While walking around, he keeps his ears open to the conversations on the street, seeking for signs about the situation of the village, and especially any news about the Baron. After his walk, he considers the situation briefly, and decides to visit the temple of Peoni first. Stopping a random villager, he quickly gets directions, and briskly walks toward the temple with the package in hand for delivery.
Back to top Go down
GM Dono

PostSubject: Re: Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail   Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:09 am

The mood in the village is very tense. The normal village life William was expecting has been replaced with a great unease. When William reached the small Peoni temple, the Matakea himself seems to embody the mood of the village.

As William approaches, the weary look of the Matakea seems to lift a little as he warms to greet his new visitor.

"Ah, welcome stranger. Please, come in and set aside your pack." He guestures to a chair along the wall as he moves to get a gobbet and water.
Back to top Go down
Bors

Bors

PostSubject: Re: Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail   Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:21 am

William introduces himself as a Priest of Larani, and hands the package over to the Matakea, explaining that is from Matakea Narrath of Jedes. Then he sheds his thick cloak, exposing his Tunic of Larani, and deposits all his weapons and his shield at the door.

William explains that he was sent here to check up on the situation of the village, they have heard troubling rumors, and based on the tense mood of the village, there seem to be some truth to those rumors. He asks for news, and offers his assistance.
Back to top Go down
GM Dono

PostSubject: Re: Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail   Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 3:14 pm

The Matakea forrows his brow as he looks William over. "Interesting decision to travel while hiding Larani's colors." With a slight shrug, he takes the package and put is on a desk. "But, who am I to question the will of Larani. These are troubling times, indeed."

William thinks a moment, puzzled. "Wha? ... Oh, my traveling cloak. Its thick and warm, helps keep the cold off. Come to think of it, I've been meaning to sew a patch or something on it, thanks for bringing it up"
"So, all I've heard are rumors, what troubles this village?"

the Ebaseeth (Peoni Temple Priest, Matakea is a Lorani Temple Priest) looks closely at William, then speaks cautiously, "Rumors travel quickly, I see." Moving closely to William, "You say you where sent here. I assume you have papers?"

William smiles warmly, and produces papers sealed with the symbol of the Matakea of Jedes, he hands them over to the Ebaseeth (weird word).

The Ebaseeth moves over to a lit candle and reads the lengthy document. Part way through, he chuckles, looks at William, then continues on reading. After a few more moments, he rolls up the document and puts it in a fold inside of his robe.
"Ah, I understand now. William, it is good to know you. Your Mateka is a kind and generous man (he steals a glance at the package sitting on the desk), and is quite taken with you in your mission here. How may I be of service to you?"

William smiles and bows slightly as he says: "It is I who is here to serve you. We heard some rumers of troubling times, and I was sent to see if there was anything Laranian Order could to to help. Our Order in this region is small, but there is still much we can do."

"There is much turmoil here in Alterand. The Baron has got himself up in a mess, and he is taking it out on the people. Even his son is hard to find this last week. And to top that off, many nobel persons have been seen visiting the Keep as of late."

William's face appears troubled, sorrowful. "So the rumors are true then? At least to a certain extent." The priest of Larani paces the floor for a few minutes, thinking. "Is there anything that can be done? I hate to see the common folk suffer because of the mistakes of their lord!"

The Ebaseeth smiles a warm, kind smile, "William, your faith in Larani is well seen. There are officials here to help sort out the legal issues. There might be some work you can help. Allow me to take care of my errands today, and come visit me in the morning. Until then, feel free to rest here. The villages morale is low, maybe you can help fortify them with your fire for Larani?"
Back to top Go down
GM Dono

PostSubject: Re: Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail   Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:35 am

William nodded to The Ebaseeth, thanking him and saying that he would return in the evening to rest. Then he left the Peoni temple and headed out into the village to see what could be done.

Pausing just outside the door, he straightened his Laranian Tunic, dusting it off and arranging it properly. Then he strapped his Laranian Shield on his back, hefted his heavy quarterstaff, and strode out purposefully into the village of Alterand.

As he walked through the village, he smiled warmly at everyone that would meet his gaze, saying short prayers on their behalf. Every once in a while he would stop and shake someone's hand, extending a typical Laranian greeting, calling for the blessings of Larani to be upon them.

Walking through the village, William see's a knight storming out of a weaponcrafter's shop...
in the Knights hands is a beautiful sword, the Knight is overheard saying, "The Baron requests his sword, and will pay you when he's good and ready!"
the weaponcrafter, stares at the back of the Knight, fuming with anger.

William stops short of confronting the knight directly, exerting a great amount of will to do so. Instead he follows the weaponcrafter back into his shop, and speaks to him once they're both inside. "Sorry friend, I couldn't help but over hear that knight. Tell me, has this sort of thing been happening often?"

The master craftsman, still focused on the back of the knight, turns quickly on his heel to face the voice speaking to him. His mouth opened to retort, then, realizing that a priest was addressing him, he quickly snaped his mouth shut and swallowed hard, regaining his composure. "I'm appologize, Preist (don't know the proper way to address a priest in public), for my display of emotion toward Sir Meristne. Lately, with all the troubles with my Lord Baron Bastune, things have been... tense between the Lord and his counterparts from elseware. And as of late, his Knights are making more demands of my time, and not paying me proper."
He looks at the ground, then back up at the priest before him, "The guild will not tolerate this behavior, even of a Baron. Least of all a Baron in his current predicament."

William lets his anger get the better of him for just a second, slamming his fist down onto the counter in the shop. "It is I who should appologize, for the mockery those Knights are making of Lady Larani. This is NOT the way our Lady Larani would have their class act! It is their duty and privilage to care for those entrusted to them, and that includes you my friend." The Priest of Larani then manages to calm himself down, and smiles warmly to the weaponcrafter. "I'm sorry for my outburst, I'm afraid I get emotional about these things."

William pauses for a minutes, letting the sudden silence fill the room, he gathers his thoughts and then speaks again. "Tell me, how are you holding up? Is there anything a Priest of Larani can do to help?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail   Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bors & the Superior Heavy War Flail
Page 1 of 1